Become a Console-ing Passions Board Member
Console-ing Passions is excited to announce that we are seeking new board members to begin serving on our board in June 2022. CP is an organization that provides supportive spaces to present feminist media scholarship, mentor feminist scholars and practitioners, and encourage media and social activism and advocacy.
CP is actively looking to expand the breadth and composition of its board membership. We are most interested in board members who will bring fresh positions, perspectives, and ideas to the organization, and are willing to make a time commitment to ensure its continued success.
CP Board Member Responsibilities and Expectations
- Commitment to Mission – serve to promote the development and maintenance of CP as a community by organizing or publicizing its events, hosting conferences or other special events, generating new initiatives, and/or serving as a mentor for its community members
- Conference Participation – commit to attending CP conferences when possible and participate in the board meeting at CP
- Conference Program Committee – read proposals for CP conferences; board members should serve on this committee once every three years
- Virtual Meeting Participation – commit to participating in 4-5 virtual board meetings per year
- Communication and Online Participation – help organize, promote, and/or attend virtual events hosted by CP; join in virtual dialogue (including online voting, rsvp-ing for meetings and special events, etc.)
- Voting – participate in nominations and voting for new board members, conference host proposals, decisions about funds and fundraising, etc.
- Leadership Roles – serve as chair, secretary, treasurer, technology manager, website maintainer, social media manager, and/or fellowship and grant coordinator
- Committee Service – serve on established CP committees, such as the Jane Feuer Travel Grant subcommittee.
- Financial Contributions – pledge to help support the organization financially; contribute annual board member dues (recommended amount $50); contribute to the Jane Feuer Travel Grant fund
- Length of Service – commit to serving a 3-year term, with the possibility of renewal
Please answer the following questions in writing (answers can be up to 250 words each)
- How does Feminist Media Studies, as a discipline, inform your professional life? (Do you teach, write, research, create, and/or do service in the field?)
- What has been your experience thus far with CP, either as a conference attendee, a participant in a virtual event, or in some other form?
- What skills, ideas, and aptitudes would you bring to the board? (Note: we are particularly in need of board members with expertise in website management, technology, fundraising, and social media.)
- Please look over the “CP Board Member Responsibilities and Expectations.” After reading through this list, how do you understand the mission of the organization? What visions would you like to realize as a new board member?
Anyone wishing to ask questions or discuss the responsibilities of serving on the CP board is welcome to contact: